DUBAI EXILES RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
By signing up to a Dubai Exiles RFC membership (Membership), you (the Member) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the Terms).
Please read this document carefully as the terms below apply to your Membership.
In particular, please note that:
- If an individual is purchasing a Membership on behalf of another person, they shall be deemed to have their authority to agree to these Terms.
- Membership is available only on the basis of one Membership per person.
- Members should inform the Club of any changes to their contact details.
“Member” means the person who is the intended end user of the Membership;
“Club” means Dubai Exiles Rugby Football Club (CDA License Number 6), its office at ‘The Sevens’, Al Ain Road (E66) Dubai.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS
- The Member is deemed to agree to these Terms (i) at the point of payment of the relevant Membership fee, or (ii) if no Membership fee is applicable, at the point of signing up to the relevant Membership. Any individual purchasing a Membership for a third party shall be deemed to be acting with the authority of the Member for whom they are making that purchase, including acting with the authority of each such Member to agree to these terms and conditions on their behalf.
- The Club reserves the right to re-brand or re-name a respective Membership or introduce additional membership schemes at any time.
- The Club shall use all reasonable endeavours to provide the Membership package as described, however, the Club specifically reserves the right to alter any aspect of the Membership if, in the Club’s sole discretion, it considers such change to be necessary and reasonable. Where the Club does decide it must make a change that involves particular Membership benefits, it shall endeavour to provide a different benefit which is of equal or greater value. Any such changes to this effect will be communicated to the Member via email.
- For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms are between the Member and the Club regardless of the manner in which the Membership has been obtained. For Junior Members or any other Members who are minors, the relevant Member’s parent / guardian is responsible for ensuring that the Member complies with these Terms, and the Club assumes that such parent / guardian has made the relevant Member aware of these Terms.
- By purchasing a Membership a Member consents to their personal information being shared with the Club so that the Club may fulfil its obligations (being the fulfilment of the relevant Membership).
- So that the Club can effectively communicate with Members, each Member must provide the Club with up to date contact details and keep the Club informed at all times of any changes to such contact details.
- The price payable for the respective Membership (if applicable) is set out on the Club’s website.
- Memberships will commence when they are activated online and will be valid until the end of the following July (the Club’s ‘sports season’ runs from the beginning of September to the end of March).
- No warranty is given by the Club in relation to the relevant Membership and the Club shall not have any liability to the Member (other than liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Club) for any injury, loss, damage or expense of any nature arising under this Agreement, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), statute or otherwise.
- The Club reserves the right to:
- suspend the use of a Member’s Membership and / or all or some of its associated benefits for a period of time;
- withdraw the use of a Member’s Membership and / or all or some of its associated benefits completely;
- terminate a Member’s Membership;
in any of the following circumstances:
- the Member fails to comply with these Terms or otherwise misuses the Membership;
- the Member supplies any false or misleading information in any form or application;
- the Member fails to adhere to these Terms or acts in a manner which the Club considers is detrimental to its interests or is likely in the reasonable opinion of the Club to bring the games of Rugby, Netball, Cricket or the Club into disrepute; or
- any monies are due from a Member to the Club (in respect of the Member’s Membership or otherwise).
- The Club shall not be obliged to make any refund to a Member if their Membership and / or any associated benefits are suspended or withdrawn or if their Membership is terminated by the Club.
- If a Membership is cancelled by a Member, that Member will be entitled to a pro-rata refund for the membership period less any costs such as kit, insurance, incurred by the Club.
- If any provision of these Terms is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable the provision shall be amended in a reasonable manner or it may be severed from these Terms and in either event the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by the Club to exercise or a delay by the Club in exercising a right or remedy provided under these Terms or by law does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy or a waiver of any other remedy. A waiver of a breach of any of the terms of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of any other breach and shall not affect the other terms and conditions hereof.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these Terms.
- The Club reserves the right to change these Terms (for example, to make changes to the renewal process or to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements), and shall endeavour to publicise such changes on its website or communicate such changes to Members by email.
- These Terms shall not affect a person’s statutory rights.
Dubai Exiles Rugby Football Club is a fully licensed and legally compliant “not for profit” community Rugby club that also offers Netball and Cricket to its members.
The Club is acutely aware of the negative impact that the Covid-19 pandemic has had on a lot of its members, families and the wider community.
We would like our members, new and old, to be able to enjoy the Club as much as possible and with uncertainty in the employment market can offer a payment plan, on a case by case basis, where appropriate. As a guide, the payment plan is as follows:
- Deposit: AED 750 Deposit is non refundable and covers Club fixed costs such as kit and insurance
- Monthly: AED 200 per calendar month for participation.
Where a member has paid in full, and a refund is necessary due to a change in personal circumstances, a pro-rata refund of AED 200 per calendar month will be applied for the months that the member will no longer be able to participate.