The following is a list of the club’s by-laws, which must be acknowledged as understood in the registration process. If you wish to receive a copy of the club’s constitution, please contact the club directly.
For all members
Membership must be paid in full for any player to qualify for membership of the Club, Club Team selection and selection as a Club representative as detailed in the Constitution.
In order for members to be eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting. Membership must be paid in full
Members wishing to be considered for Club selection must attend the agreed training sessions on a regular basis.
Players travelling to play in countries where visas are required must, unless otherwise advised, before travelling collect and pay for their individual visas. Airport taxes are also the responsibility of individual Members.
The rules and regulations of any Board or Union of which the Club is a Member, will also govern DERFC and its Members.
Your acknowledgement in the membership registration process confirms your acceptance to all of the above, together with all other approved and agreed Rules and Regulations of the Club and its Constitution. Applications without acknowledgement of the Club’s by-laws will not be valid. Membership for Juniors must be acknowledged by a parent/guardian.
For all Members and Parents / Guardians
All people involved in rugby in any capacity have a duty to adhere to a Code of Conduct in keeping with The Spirit of The Laws of the Game of Rugby Union. You will find below our Club’s “Good Code” series relative to particular interest groups which Dubai Exiles RFC undertake to encourage within our club community.
You can visit www.UAERugby.ae to gain a better understanding of the laws that relate to your particular age group.
Rugby Playing Insurance
Every rugby player should have their own, appropriate, private healthcare insurance to play rugby in the UAE and at Dubai Exiles Rugby Football Club.
The United Arab Emirates Rugby Federation (UAERF) also requires that all rugby players from U9 upwards have insurance provided through the UAERF. This is intended to supplement a player’s own private healthcare insurance where necessary. We have had to include the cost of this, supplementary, rugby insurance into the subscriptions. The rates built in are:
|Adult (Men, Women and Vets)||AED 410|
|Youth (U14 to U19 Boys & U19 Girls)||AED 410|
|U15 Girls||AED 410|
|U11 & U13 Girls||AED 165|
|Midi (U9 to U13)||AED 165|
Please note that U5 – U8 rugby has no insurance requirement mandated by UAERF, and neither is there an insurance requirement for touch rugby, netball, or cricket. It is imperative that you have your own, appropriate, private healthcare insurance in place.
The current rugby insurance policy is administered by Lifecare International, the insurer is Orient. The policy is ‘direct billing’ only through Mediclinic. There is no ‘pay and claim’ facility and the insurer, Orient, will not entertain retrospective reimbursements. Should you need to submit a claim, please contact the Club or your Team Manager directly for your Third Party Administrator (TPA) Card number.
For all Members and Parents / Guardians
All people involved in cricket in any capacity have a duty to adhere to a Code of Conduct in keeping with The Spirit of The Laws of the Game of Cricket. You will find below our Club’s “Good Code” series relative to particular interest groups which Dubai Exiles RFC Cricket undertake to encourage within our club community.
Terms & Conditions
DUBAI EXILES RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
By signing up to a Dubai Exiles RFC membership (Membership), you (the Member) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the Terms).
Please read this document carefully as the terms below apply to your Membership.
In particular, please note that:
- If an individual is purchasing a Membership on behalf of another person, they shall be deemed to have their authority to agree to these Terms.
- Membership is available only on the basis of one Membership per person.
- Members should inform the Club of any changes to their contact details.
“Member” means the person who is the intended end user of the Membership;
“Club” means Dubai Exiles Rugby Football Club (CDA License Number 6), its office at ‘The Sevens’, Al Ain Road (E66) Dubai.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS
- The Member is deemed to agree to these Terms (i) at the point of payment of the relevant Membership fee, or (ii) if no Membership fee is applicable, at the point of signing up to the relevant Membership. Any individual purchasing a Membership for a third party shall be deemed to be acting with the authority of the Member for whom they are making that purchase, including acting with the authority of each such Member to agree to these terms and conditions on their behalf.
- The Club reserves the right to re-brand or re-name a respective Membership or introduce additional membership schemes at any time.
- The Club shall use all reasonable endeavours to provide the Membership package as described, however, the Club specifically reserves the right to alter any aspect of the Membership if, in the Club’s sole discretion, it considers such change to be necessary and reasonable. Where the Club does decide it must make a change that involves particular Membership benefits, it shall endeavour to provide a different benefit which is of equal or greater value. Any such changes to this effect will be communicated to the Member via email.
- For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms are between the Member and the Club regardless of the manner in which the Membership has been obtained. For Junior Members or any other Members who are minors, the relevant Member’s parent / guardian is responsible for ensuring that the Member complies with these Terms, and the Club assumes that such parent / guardian has made the relevant Member aware of these Terms.
- By purchasing a Membership a Member consents to their personal information being shared with the Club so that the Club may fulfil its obligations (being the fulfilment of the relevant Membership).
- So that the Club can effectively communicate with Members, each Member must provide the Club with up to date contact details and keep the Club informed at all times of any changes to such contact details.
- The price payable for the respective Membership (if applicable) is set out on the Club’s website.
- Memberships will commence when they are activated online and will be valid until the end of the following July (the Club’s ‘sports season’ runs from the beginning of September to the end of March).
- No warranty is given by the Club in relation to the relevant Membership and the Club shall not have any liability to the Member (other than liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Club) for any injury, loss, damage or expense of any nature arising under this Agreement, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), statute or otherwise.
- The Club reserves the right to:
- suspend the use of a Member’s Membership and / or all or some of its associated benefits for a period of time;
- withdraw the use of a Member’s Membership and / or all or some of its associated benefits completely;
- terminate a Member’s Membership;
in any of the following circumstances:
- the Member fails to comply with these Terms or otherwise misuses the Membership;
- the Member supplies any false or misleading information in any form or application;
- the Member fails to adhere to these Terms or acts in a manner which the Club considers is detrimental to its interests or is likely in the reasonable opinion of the Club to bring the games of Rugby, Netball, Cricket or the Club into disrepute; or
- any monies are due from a Member to the Club (in respect of the Member’s Membership or otherwise).
- The Club shall not be obliged to make any refund to a Member if their Membership and / or any associated benefits are suspended or withdrawn or if their Membership is terminated by the Club.
- If a Membership is cancelled by a Member, that Member will be entitled to a pro-rata refund for the membership period less any costs such as kit, insurance, incurred by the Club.
- If any provision of these Terms is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable the provision shall be amended in a reasonable manner or it may be severed from these Terms and in either event the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by the Club to exercise or a delay by the Club in exercising a right or remedy provided under these Terms or by law does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy or a waiver of any other remedy. A waiver of a breach of any of the terms of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of any other breach and shall not affect the other terms and conditions hereof.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these Terms.
- The Club reserves the right to change these Terms (for example, to make changes to the renewal process or to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements), and shall endeavour to publicise such changes on its website or communicate such changes to Members by email.
- These Terms shall not affect a person’s statutory rights.
Dubai Exiles Rugby Football Club is a fully licensed and legally compliant “not for profit” community Rugby club that also offers Netball and Cricket to its members.